Join us in making a difference !
There are a number of ways you can get involved and support Aberdeen Street Pastors.
- Become a Street Pastor, Retail Pastor or a School Pastor
- Become a Financial Supporter.
- Become a Prayer Supporter
How do I become a Street, Retail, or School Pastor?
We have an application process, which includes the need to part of a Christian Church for a minimum of a year.
- Complete an application form
- Provide us with two referees one being your church minister
- Attend an informal interview with one of our coordinators
- Complete a Disclosure Scotland form
- Pay for your training and uniform although there are various ways this can be done.
What does the training involve?
We require each volunteer to undergo 50 hours of training delivered over a number of Saturdays and some evenings. All the training is suitable for different learning styles and academic levels. Our training is delivered by local and national Street Pastor trainers with significant input from partnering agencies increasing awareness of relevant issues and how best to respond. We feel its imperative that the Church plays it part in making a difference and we do that in part by building trustworthy relationships with those already working in the city centre. (Police, Community Safety Partnership, Taxi Marshalls, Venue Managers etc )
All volunteers are required to have PVG training ( Disclosure Scotland )
Please contact our Office for more information.