To be a Street Pastor you need to care for Belfast and:
- Be 18 or over (no upper limit!)
- Be a committed Christian for at least a year, and involved in a church
- Complete application forms including a reference from a priest/minister/church leader and Access NI
- Commit to completing the training
- Commit to going out once a month (you can do more if you want, but we’ve found once a month is sustainable for most)
Check the downloads page for the forms to complete
What does it cost? Volunteers normally contribute £50 towards the uniform and training unless that is a real problem.
You’re welcome to come out as an observer, do the training and then you and we can decide if Street Pastors is for you at this time.
At the end of the training there is service where new Street Pastors are prayed for and ‘commissioned’.