– Part time – March 2017- Leamington Street Pastor Coordinator
Sadly Julie needs to devote more time to other work and so we need a new Coordinator.
Application DEADLINE PASSED is close of Monday 20th March 2017
Read advert here: Street Pastor Coordinator Job Advert or (see text of advert below)
Application form: (2 alternative formats: Word or PDF)
Raw text of advert below (best read by opening pdf version above)
POSITION NOW CLOSED – COORDINATOR WANTED – Part time
26 hours per month as needs arise. £3600pa
Expected to work on their own initiative, under the oversight of the Trustees, the Coordinator is the lead figure in the charity, promoting it, maintaining & developing the effective running of the service, ensuring that the volunteer Street Pastors (‘SPs’) are appropriately supported and that operations run in line with Charity’s aims, ethos & guidelines.
The role will be home based with no fixed operating hours.
(Some meetings and phone calls will need to fit around others including daytime)
He or she will have a brief to:
• Keep in touch with SPs directly or through the Senior SPs, to maintain & develop team morale, attend to any issues and ensure open & effective communication.
• Identify training and development needs for teams and individuals.
• Deal with any pastoral issues arising from team members and refer as necessary.
• Troubleshoot and resolve promptly a variety of operational issues and queries at unpredictable times of the week including, though rarely, during night patrol times.
• Communicate with and enthuse partner churches & sponsoring agencies, championing the Charity among Leamington churches, local government & other bodies.
• Promote and publicise the charity and its needs using all available channels.
• Develop the Street and Response Pastor services as local needs, national guidelines or best practice changes, through liaison with the District Council, other SP groups etc.
• Develop prayer support and Prayer Pastors. Seek a volunteer Prayer Coordinator.
• Support & advise the volunteers who handle the rota, finances, consumables & website.
Night patrolling is not part of the role but the coordinator is expected to take a personal interest in the Charity to the extent that they will at least occasionally spend some hours in unpaid time on patrol alongside the SPs (need not be full nights).
As a genuine occupational requirement (as permitted under Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010) applicants must be practising Christians who also subscribe to the Street Pastor mission, goals and values.
Application forms and a copy of this advert from our website.
For an informal chat about the role or for any queries
Ring 07770 658450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(contact is Andrew Emm – Treasurer & Trustee, or talk to any trustee – see website)
Deadline: Mon 20th March 2017