We always need people to join our Prayer Pastors team, this role involves praying for or with the Street Pastor team, covering them, the City, and the people they meet, in prayer while they are out on the streets in the City of Lincoln.
This is a vital role which places God at the heart of our work and backs up everything the Street Pastors are and do.
We ask that our Prayer Pastors:
– be at least 18 years old – but there’s no upper age limit!
– be a Christian attending a local church or fellowship
– be able to supply 2 character references from people who know you well – one must be your church or fellowship leader, the other of your own choice
– be DBS checked and cleared (we arrange this for you!)
– be willing to meet with the Lincoln Street Pastors Coordinator, and undertake an observation shift
– be willing to attend and complete training and any ongoing training as may help in your role, or to help understand the Street Pastors role.
– be able to commit to covering the Street Pastors on duty normally from 10pm – 4am (though currently we are doing 9pm-1am due to Covid-19 changes in the night time economy, and our Prayer Pastors are meeting from their own homes but over Zoom for the duration of the SPs shifts) once a month at the most.
– be willing to work as part of a team, and with the following characteristics: non-judgmental, willingness to serve others, a love of God and call to prayer, and a good sense of humour!
If this sounds like you, or you have any queries or questions then please contact Melanie, our Lincoln Street Pastors Coordinator by email at Lincoln@streetpastors.org.uk