REPORT FOR FEBRUARY 2015
During February there were:
- 4 Friday night patrols
- 3 Saturday night patrols
- 7 Patrols totalling 36 hours of cover involving 21 Street Pastors
- 3 pair of flip-flops given and 180 lollies and Love Hearts
Here are some of the ways Street Pastor teams cared, listened and helped in February:
- Chatted with groups of young people who were sat in cars
- Gave water to a thirsty young lady
- Helped to calm a number of potentially aggressive situations
- Cleared bottles, cans and broken glass from parts of Wantage & Grove
February was a fairly quiet month for many of our teams. We spent quite a bit of time chatting to different groups of young people, especially in the town centre and in Limborough Road car parks.
We helped several people with bottles of water and gave flip flops to 3 ladies to help them get home without standing in any broken glass and with a little more comfort than barefoot!
One of our teams found a tearful young lady stood in a doorway. We spent some time with her and stayed until her friend arrived.
Another of our teams cared for a very drunk man, gave him a bottle of water and ensured that he made his way home safely in a taxi.
Valentine’s Day was quiet late at night in Wantage, presumably many people having been out earlier in the evening. During February we began giving out Love Hearts as well as lollies! These were a welcome surprise to many people and a few were really touched by such a simple gesture. Quite a few people have enjoyed opening up the sweets and reading out the little messages with us! They have been so popular, it looks like we might have to give them out all year!