During March there were:
- 3 Friday night patrols
- 3 Saturday night patrols
- 1 Wednesday evening patrol
- 7 Patrols totalling 35 hours of cover involving 23 Street Pastors
- 16 pairs of flip-flops given, 280 lollies and Love Hearts and 3 space blankets
Here are some of the ways Street Pastors cared, listened and helped in March:
- Cared for a man found unconscious in the street
- Stayed with two different vulnerable and upset young women
- Spent time chatting to young people early one evening
We patrolled on a Wednesday evening from 5.30 to 9 pm with a view to engaging with young people around Wantage. We met and chatted with a number of small groups of young people who were grateful to receive lollies. Thankfully, they didn’t need any further assistance or support from us.
Alerted by the presence of a group of people, our team assisted a young man that was lying unconscious in the street. An ambulance had already been called, so our team stayed with the man and helped keep him warm with emergency space blankets until the ambulance arrived.
One of our teams found a distressed young lady whose feet were in agony. We gave her flip-flops and stayed with her while she waited for a taxi. We were very grateful for a kind young couple that let her share their taxi home.
A young lady who had lost her bankcard and was distressed because she was unable to contact her partner to check if he had it approached one of our teams for help. We were able to let her use our mobile phone to contact her boyfriend and we stayed with her until she was calmer and on her way to meet her boyfriend.