During May there were:
- 3 Friday night patrols
- 3 Saturday night patrols
- 6 Patrols totalling 21 hours of cover involving 31 Street Pastors
- 15 pairs of flip-flops given, 400 lollies and Love Hearts
Here are some of the ways Street Pastors cared, listened and helped in May:
- Escorted a fearful lady across town
- Helped defuse a disagreement between some young people
- Chatted and gave lollies to a group of young people in Grove
- Gave flip-flops to several young ladies
One of our teams met a lady who was concerned about walking across town on her own late at night. Our team was more than happy to escort her and ended up spending quite a bit of time chatting with her.
We helped to calm down a couple of young people who were aggravating each other after a minor disagreement. We encouraged them to keep calm and after a short time defused the situation by walking with the young man and his friend to the taxi rank.
In Grove we met a small group of young people who were out enjoying warmer weather. We stopped and chatted for a while and gave them lollies.
Many of our teams gave flip-flops to ladies that were walking barefoot through town. One of these ladies was also particularly distressed too so we spent some time with her.
An eagle-eyed Street Pastor spotted the blade of a ‘snappable’ box-cutter-type knife on the pavement in Wantage. We carry sharps containers for just such an occasion and so the Street Pastor carefully removed the item and put it safely in the container. We’re just glad that we saw it before anyone else’s bare feet found it.