During September there were:
- 2 Friday night patrols
- 3 Saturday night patrols
- 5 Patrols totalling 26 hours of cover involving 16 Street Pastors
- 8 pairs of flip-flops given, 15 bottles of water, 2 Space blankets
- 380 lollies and Love Hearts
Here are some of the ways Street Pastors cared, listened and helped in September:
- Looked after several people who were unwell
- Listened to a young man whose father had passed away recently
- Helped a distressed lady and walked her home
- Assisted an injured man that required medical assistance
Several of our teams encountered people that had become vulnerable or unwell as a result of drinking too much. We spent time with them to ensure that they were generally ok and had a means of getting home safely.
On one occasion we arrived on the scene of what had been a fight, with one man collapsed on the pavement and the Police in attendance. We provided a space blanket to help keep the injured man warm and stayed with him until an ambulance arrived and the atmosphere had returned to being one of peace.
We were in the right place at just the right time when a serious domestic situation spilled out on to the street. We were able to spend time with the distressed lady and bring some calm to the situation. At her request, we escorted the lady to her parent’s home for the night.
We listened to several people who wanted to share with us some of the situations they were going through. It’s always a privilege to share in people’s lives and be able to support and encourage them.
We held a curry and quiz fundraising night too and raised over £300 towards our funds. Thank you to everyone that helped or contributed to this event. Everyone had a great time!