During November there were:
- 2 Friday night patrols and 3 Saturday night patrols
- 5 Patrols totalling 26 hours of cover involving 15 Street Pastors
- 4 pairs of flip-flops given and 17 bottles of water
- 170 lollies and Love Hearts
Here are some of the ways Street Pastors cared, listened and helped in November:
- Assisted a girl who had a nose-bleed
- Helped to calm several loud and potentially aggressive groups
- Walked a young lady home who had had too much to drink/li>
A team of Street Pastors visited the Grove fireworks event and chatted to lots of people. They also assisted a girl at the skate park who had a nosebleed.
A number of our teams were involved in calming down groups of loud or aggressive people. On one occasion venue door staff were successful in preventing a fight between two men breaking out and we were on hand to lead one of the men away from the situation. We spent some time with him and were able to pray for him before he headed home.
Another small but noisy group in Wantage were quickly quietened when Street Pastors offered them lollies. Not only does the offer of a lolly serve to “change the subject”, but it’s also quite difficult to be noisy with a lolly in your mouth!
We escorted a girl home who had drunk too much and was struggling to walk – even with her friend’s help. We made sure she got home and that there was someone there to look after her.
Thank you for supporting the work of Wantage & Grove Street Pastors throughout 2017, whether through prayer, volunteering, grants and donations or just being interested in what we do – thank you!
Best wishes for 2018 from all of us at Wantage & Grove Street Pastors.<