What do we do?
We go out in small teams (usually 2-3 per team) around Cardiff city centre. A typical evening might involve talking to pub and club owners, door staff, taxi marshals, starting conversations in the street and looking for people who need help or just a friendly ear.
What happens on a typical night?
- Every night we go out is different, but we frequently:
- Pick up bottles and glasses which could easily cut people
- Give out flip-flops – mainly to females in high heels
- Help people get into taxis/other transport – often staying with them until someone collects them
- Give directions to people who are lost
- Help prevent anti-social incidents
- Be a friendly face and listening ear
- Take people to the Alcohol Treatment Centre
- Act as capable guardians