Street Pastor Training
Street Pastors in Portsmouth complete a professional training programme delivered by experts in the field. The programme includes essential modules designed to ensure each new volunteer is fully equipped to safely patrol on the streets.
Training is delivered across two weeks.
Further additional training is available online nationally to Street Pastors once the core modules have been completed, through the national online training with the Ascension Trust.
KEY TRAINING DATES
- MONDAY 19TH APPRIL (7-9PM): KNOWING YOUR COMMUNITY, LOVING LIKE JESUS
- SATURDAY 24TH APRIL (9:30AM-4PM): ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- SUNDAY 25TH APRIL (9:30AM-4PM): POLICE, MENTAL HEALTH
- MONDAY 10TH MAY (7-9PM): KNOWING YOUR COMMUNITY PART 2
- SATURDAY 15TH MAY (9:30AM-4PM): SAFETY ON THE STREETS
- SUNDAY 16TH MAY (9:30AM-4PM): SAFEGUARDING, STREETCRAFT
Enrolling to the training course is possible once your application has been accepted. Visit ‘Join Us’ for more details.
Please click below for details on the core and optional modules, costs and next training dates, andd contact Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
An enjoyable and informative training programme is provided for all new School Pastors, through a combination of interactive in-person and online sessions run by qualified and experienced professionals in their field.
Both core modules (Roles & Responsibilities and Safeguarding) and 2 optional modules need to be completed before new recruits can enter a schools as a qualified school pastor.
Training sessions take place on Saturdays, with in person training held locally and with other local initiatives, and online training completed with the Ascension Trust alongside School and Street Pastors from across the country.
The next cycle of training will prepare school pastors to be ready to begin visiting a secondary school regularly from September of the new 2021/22 academic year.
- SATURDAY 10th APRIL – ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES (IN PERSON, 11AM – 4PM)
- SATURDAY DATE TBC – SAFEGUARDING (ONLINE, 9AM-12PM)
- SATURDAY 19th JUNE – LISTENING SKILLS I (ONLINE, 9AM-12PM)
- SATURDAY 26th JUNE – LISTENING SKILLS II (ONLINE, 9AM-12PM)
- SATURDAY 3rd JULY – YOUTH CULTURES (ONLINE, 9AM-12PM)
- SATURDAY 10th JULY – MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS (ONLINE, 9AM-12PM)
Cost – £60 per person*
Enrolling to the training course is possible once your application has been accepted.
On completing training, you will be ‘commissioned’ and loaned a uniform (new or used but in very good condition) and given a unique ID card. We will also complete a DBS check with you.
Please click below for full details on the contents of each core and optional module, including costs and upcoming training dates, or contact Andy at email@example.com for more information.
*For anyone who has a strong desire to by a school pastor but is in financial hardship, we are very happy to discuss how you may be helped at this time. We encourage everyone with a genuine and strong desire to become a school pastor to still apply regardless of your financial circumstances.