If you think you would be interested in becoming a Street Pastor then the first thing we would like to do is invite you to come out one evening to observe what happens on a patrol with one of our teams. Please use the contact details on this website to get in touch and arrange a date.
After that, there are a few basic requirements to meet and then some forms to fill out.
The basic requirements are:
– That you are over 18
– That you have been based in a local Christian Church for at least one year
– That your Church Leader will give you a positive reference
– That you complete all the forms and DBS check
– That you will attend the 8 day training course
– That you will commit to serving a minimum of 1 Friday a month (Mitcham 8pm start or Wimbledon 10pm start or Morden 9pm start) for at least two years
For more information you can download by clicking on the links below:
– A Street Pastor information booklet
– A Person Specification for Street Pastor volunteers
The next Street Pastor training course will be the March 2019 course which will start on Saturday 7th March 2020 (TBC).
The training days will be mostly held at Kings Acre Methodist Church in Brixton and will run from 9.15am to 3.30pm with an hour for lunch.
We love to get people signed up as far in advance as possible as this makes life easier all round, so we’re happy to accept application at any time of the year. If you want to apply, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your intentions and follow the instructions below.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORMS BELOW
You will then need to complete and return to us the following forms which can be downloaded by clicking on the links below:
DOWNLOAD REFERENCE FORMS BELOW
You will then also need to pass on the following forms to the relevant people and get them returned to us. The forms can be downloaded by clicking on the links below:
4. The Church Leader Reference Form to your Church Leader to complete. Click on one of the following links for the form, print/complete by hand or complete on computer.
5. The General Reference Form to someone who can give you a reference. For instance, another member of the church, but please not a family member. Click on one of the following links for the form, print/complete by hand or complete on computer.
If you are able to send forms electronically to email@example.com then that helps to speed the process. Some forms can be completed electronically and sent in whilst others can be hand written, scanned and sent. Of course, if that is not possible they can be sent by post or given to us in person.
We passionately believe that God is at work through the Street Pastor ministry and pray that if He is calling you to join us on the streets that He will prepare the way for you to join the training course.
The dates of the March 2019 training course are:
Block 1: 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th March and 4th April
Block 2: 9th and 16th May, 6th June
* All sessions must be attended or caught up on a future course.
The training course costs £350 per person and we ask people to fundraise towards that.
If we can be of any assistance when it comes to completing the forms then please do contact us. For instance, we would be very happy to meet with you and go through them together.
It does take some time to process the application once we receive the forms from you. Therefore, please make every effort to return them as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.