If you think you would be interested in becoming a Street Pastor then the first thing we would like to do is invite you to come out one evening to observe what happens on a patrol with one of our teams. Please use the contact details on this website to get in touch and arrange a date.
If you are thinking about volunteering after that, then you need to complete an application before undertaking training. The training is very important so please check the dates further down this page to see when the next course is coming up. If it’s soon, then we can try to expedite your application.
All the forms you need to complete your application can be downloaded below.
The basic requirements are:
– That you are over 18
– That you have been based in a local Christian Church for at least one year
– That your Church Leader will give you a positive reference
– That you complete all the forms and DBS check
– That you will attend the 8 day training course
– That you will commit to serving a minimum of 1 Friday a month (Mitcham 8pm start or Wimbledon 10pm start or Morden 9pm start) for at least two years
For more information you can download by clicking on the links below:
– A Street Pastor information booklet
– A Person Specification for Street Pastor volunteers
The Street Pastor Training has changed in 2020 and now consists of an initial one day in the classroom followed by the rest of the training being conducted online. The next course will start on Saturday 18th September 2021 from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
We love to get people signed up as far in advance as possible as this makes life easier all round, so we’re happy to accept application at any time of the year. If you want to apply, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your intentions and follow the instructions below.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORMS BELOW
You will then need to complete and return to us the following forms which can be downloaded by clicking on the links below:
DOWNLOAD REFERENCE FORMS BELOW
You will then also need to pass on the following forms to the relevant people and get them returned to us. The forms can be downloaded by clicking on the links below:
4. The Church Leader Reference Form to your Church Leader to complete. Click on one of the following links for the form, print/complete by hand or complete on computer.
5. The General Reference Form to someone who can give you a reference. For instance, another member of the church, but please not a family member. Click on one of the following links for the form, print/complete by hand or complete on computer.
If you are able to send forms electronically to email@example.com then that helps to speed the process. Some forms can be completed electronically and sent in whilst others can be hand written, scanned and sent. Of course, if that is not possible they can be sent by post or given to us in person.
We passionately believe that God is at work through the Street Pastor ministry and pray that if He is calling you to join us on the streets that He will prepare the way for you to join the training course.
The dates of the next training course are:
Initial training day: Saturday 18th September from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
Online sessions via Zoom 9am to 12pm: starting on 16th October and then every Saturday morning at these times until 29th January, with 25th Dec, 1st & 8th January off for Christmas.
* Any sessions missed can be caught up on future courses.
The training course costs £300 per person and we ask people to fundraise towards that.
If we can be of any assistance when it comes to completing the forms then please do contact us. For instance, we would be very happy to meet with you and go through them together.
It does take some time to process the application once we receive the forms from you. Therefore, please make every effort to return them as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.